Working by weight is much faster than working with measuring cups and spoons. It also leaves much less of a mess that needs to be cleaned up after preparing a recipe. It might require some adjustment compared to how you've cooked up until now, but once you're comfortable with a scale you'll never want to cook without one again.
In the ChefSteps video below, Grant is going to measure a recipe. Once using a digital scale and once using measuring cups. We are timing both to give an idea of the efficiency gap between the two.
Keep an eye on the ChefSteps blog for updates on their latest recipes and behind-the-scenes looks into one of the most interesting kitchens around.
- What Kind Of Measuring Cup Is Used To Measure Volume
- Must-See Video: What is Sous-Vide?
- Sous Vide at Home: Easy Stove Top Method
- The Ultimate Roast Chicken
- How To Sharpen A Knife
- Easy Sous-Vide at Home: Steak with Butter and Thyme
- Technique: How To Line A Square Cake Tin (A Step By Step Tutorial)
- Can alto shaam cook n holds cook high volumes of food 6 days.week for busy burrito restaurant?
- It reduced my bulky volume
- Easy Bake Oven To Get Energy-Efficient Makeover
- Garlic Prawns In Just 3 Steps!
- Creepy Halloween Pumpkin Treats In Just 3 Steps!
- Happy Call Recipe: Trio Chilli Selar In Just 3 Steps
- Delicious Homemade Fudge in two steps
- 12 steps to heavenly hard boiled eggs
- Measurement Equivalents
- Better - Than - Sex Cake
- Better Than Potato Salad
- Better Than Sex Cake
- Better Than Sex Dessert!!!