Michelle Pfeiffer has a new beauty secret and it just happens to be her vegan diet. The actress says going meat-free helps keep her looking young. None other than Bill Clinton served as one of her inspirations.
"I remember watching that program thinking, 'Clinton is a smart man and there's true science behind this theory,'" Pfeiffer said. "So I cut out meats and dairy. After two months, my cholesterol shot down 83 points. That's enough proof to me that it works."
Before making the switch, Pfeiffer admits that she wasn't exactly leading a healthy lifestyle.
"I was terrible. I existed on cigarettes, Coca-Cola and coffee, and I got away with that for a while. And I never used to exercise. I think you begin to look and feel lousy the older you become, so now I eat really well. I don't smoke and I'm learning meditation."
- Michelle Pfeiffer Goes Vegan
- Bill Clinton Talks Vegan Diet With Ellen
- Eva Longoria Explains her Departure from Veganism
- Olivia Wilde says Vegetarian Diet Keeps her in Shape
- Ellen DeGeneres Turns to Bill Clinton for Advice on Vegan Restaurant Menu
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- Giuliana Rancic Goes Vegan
- The Anne Hathaway Catwoman Diet: "Kale and Dust"
- Woody Harrelson Stuck to Raw Food on Set of 'The Hunger Games'
- Mischa Barton Credits Mostly Vegan Diet for Weight Loss