Onions seem to be in a majority of dishes we make, but do you know what is in an onion? Well, Gourmandia is here to answer all of your onion questions! They put together the below infographic outlining all of the nutritional information about onions.
Each average sized onion has 64 calories, 15g of carbohydrates, 3g of fiber, 7g of sugar and 2g of protein. Onions lie more on the healthy side of things because they are low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. With a bit of vitamin B6 and potassium and vitamin C, they also provide us with a good amount of nutrients.
To learn more about onions, check out the infographic below!
- Infographic: What's Really in your Produce?
- Infographic: What's Your Coffee Personality?
- The 1500 Calories-a-Day Menu [infographic]
- The Health Benefits of Sushi [infographic]
- Jelly, Jam & Marmalade: What's the Difference?
- What's Wrong With What We Eat
- What's in the Dolly Parton Diet?
- Test Tube Beef, It's What's For Dinner??
- Infographic: Everything You Need to Know About Strawberries
- Garbage Patch Fish, It's What's For Dinner?
- Demi-Glace.... What's All The Fuss?
- Banana Cream Smoothie
- Fried Apples 'n' Onions
- Jim Lahey's No Knead Pizza With Poached Pears, Gorgonzola and Onion Confit
- My Husband's Quiche With Bacon, Mushrooms, Red Onions & Cream, Served With A Mixed Salad, Kumato Chili Tomatoes & Home Made Coktail Sauce
- Eva's Onion Bhajis
- French Onion Soup Laszlo's Style
- Bloomin' Onion
- Foodie Blogroll Royal Joust Contest: Rebecka's Red Onion Jam Blt
- Mom's Onions With Eggs (A Scipuddata)