Get a taste for the Mediterranean with this healthy Polenta and Roasted Vegetables recipe. Created by the Mayo Clinic, this dish is hearty, healthy and is a great way to eat delicious food without breaking your diet.
The Mayo Clinic suggests cutting the vegetables a day early and refrigerating them. They also say the recipe works when you roast the eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms and red peppers beforehand.
Mediterranean Polenta with Roasted Vegetables
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 small yellow zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 small green zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 6 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp and 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups coast polenta
- 2 tbsp trans-free margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 6 dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in water to rehydrate, drained and chopped
- 10 ripe olives, chopped
- 2 tsp oregano
Get the rest of this healthy Mediterranean Polenta recipe here.