There is cake, and then there is something we like to refer to as snacking cake.
This is a recipe for an old fashioned applesauce spice bar, that holds up well in a lunchbox, stays moist and sweet to the last piece, and is flavorful enough that your family will ask for it again and again. Check out this applesauce spice bar recipe(you may want to leave out the booze if you are sending it along with the little chefs).
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Sweet and Simple: Cranberry Crumb Bars
- Sweet and Simple: Felted Thanksgiving Dinner
- Sweet and Simple: Sugar and Spice Nuts
- Pretty Simple: Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Sweet and Simple: Wreath Cookies
- How To Make A Sweet and Simple Mouse Bento
- Popcorn Granola Bars
- Sweet and Simple: Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Sweet and Simple: Blackberry Pie
- Perfectly Simple: Green Tomato and Leek Frittata
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Bulgar Steamed Cakes For Healthy Breakfast
- Island Haddock simmered in a spicey green curry sauce, inspired by P.E.I.
- Simple fast salad with romaine, tomato and pickles
- Simple Apple Sauce, a recipe for how to cook the flavor of the season
- Sweet Banana Breakfast Bars
- Dorie Greenspan's Applesauce Spice Bars
- Applesauce Bars
- Pumpkin Banana Protein Oat Bars
- Cinnamon Applesauce