Every carnivore out there will tell you that hamburgers are great. Whether they're made at a backyard barbecue or a local eatery, it's hard to not love what is now considered an American classic. But do you really know where hamburgers come from? The below infographic has all the information for you.
According to the infographic, Hamburgers actually originated in medieval Russia, when people would shred meat and eat it raw. In the 14th century, Germans took this idea one step further by adding spices and herbs to the meat and eating it either raw or cooked. This became known as the Hamburg steak. It was in the early 1800s that Americans first began seeing hamburgers on menus in New York City.
Learn more about the origins of the hamburger in the infographic below!
- The 1500 Calories-a-Day Menu [infographic]
- What's in an Onion? [infographic]
- The Anatomy of a Pancake [infographic]
- Everything You Need to Know About Grilling Season [infographic]
- The Health Benefits of Sushi [infographic]
- Burger King Chile's Cheesy Burger is Layered with Deep Fried Fromage
- The Chewbacca Burger is a Wacky Wookie Sandwich
- Infographic: The History of the Taco
- The Atomic Fallout Burger Will Induce Heartburn
- OC Sports Grill Honors Albert Pujols With the Machine Burger