Actor Stanley Tucci will be hosting the 2013 James Beard Awards. This year's theme is "Lights! Camera! Taste! Spotlight on Food and Film."
The award ceremony's reception will feature food inspired by memorable movie moments. Chefs like Grant Achatz, Christina Tosi, Gabriel Rucker, Michael Mina, Nate Appleman and Traci Des Jardins will be cooking up the dishes.
"The James Beard Awards have often been called the 'Oscars of the food world,' and this year they are giving memorable culinary moments in cinema a starring role," reads a statement from the James Beard Organization. "Participating gala reception chefs have been asked to create dishes inspired by a favorite food moment in a film of their choice. The multifaceted role that food has played in America's most iconic films -- a reflection of family, love, pop culture, nostalgia, and, above all, the catalyst for bringing people around the table -- will be showcased throughout the night's festivities, celebrating America's love affair with movies and filmmakers' love affair with food."
The 2013 James Beard Awards are taking place on May 6. The final nominees will be announced on March 18.
- Oliver Platt is Taking Over James Beard Awards Hosting Duties
- James Beard Foundation Winners Announced
- Michelle Obama, Alice Waters Among 2011 James Beard Foundation Leadership Award Recipients
- Wolfgang Puck Honored with James Beard Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award
- Stanley Tucci Working on Cookbook
- The 2013 Golden Globes Menu
- 2013 James Beard Book, Broadcast and Journalism Winners
- Stanley Tucci’s Gluten Free Quinoa Salad With Pomegranate and Pistachio
- Fictitious Ruth Bourdain Wins James Beard Award
- Culinary Legend James Beard