If you're not a fan of green beer try this St. Patrick's Day twist on the mint julep. The Irish Julep, created by Salt Creek Grille Princeton, combines Jameson Irish Whiskey, Averna Amaro, simple syrup and mint for a festive cocktail.
The Irish Julep
1.5 ounces of Jameson Irish Whiskey
¼ ounce of Averna Amaro
½ ounce of simple syrup
6 mint leaves
1 mint sprig
1/2 ounce of water
Muddle mint leaves, simple syrup, and water in a highball glass.
Add crushed ice and Jameson Irish Whiskey
Float Averna Amaro on top and garnish with mint sprig.
- The Green Intensity is the Festive Cocktail for St. Patrick's Day
- Thirsty Thursdays: Irish Car Bomb
- Thirsty Thursdays: Kiss Me I'm Irish
- Thirsty Thursdays: Irish Eyes Are Smiling
- A British Classic: The Shandy
- Guinness Pretzel Truffles are a Bite-Sized St. Patty's Day Candy
- My Goodness My Guinness Cupcakes
- Cute Beer Mug Cupcakes
- Decadent Chocolate Recipe: Stout Brownie Sundae Floats
- Kentucky Derby Ready: The Bulleit Rye Mint Julep