Michelle Obama recently congratulated the food industry for making moves to promote healthier living, but says they still need to do more to make a difference. The First Lady said companies need better food labels and need to limit the marketing of unhealthy foods.
"When businesses step up it's important to applaud their efforts, but also to encourage them to do even more," she said.
Obama also encouraged parents to lead healthy lifestyles to be good role models for their children.
The speech was given at the Partnership for Healthier America's summit in Washington.
- Michelle Obama Talks Food and Family on BET
- Breakthrough Moment in Restaurant Industry
- Download Free White House Cookbook
- Do You Live in a Food Desert?
- Michelle Obama Food Book Coming April 2012
- Michelle Obama Chows Down at Shake Shack
- Mrs. O Wants to Help You Start a Community Garden
- Michelle Obama to Appear on 'The Biggest Loser'
- Michelle Obama Approves of The Olive Garden and Red Lobster
- Families to Learn From White House Chefs at Annual Egg Roll