Apaprently, Paula Deen's claims that she invented the donut burger are not entirely true. Her son, Jaime Deen set things straight by telling the world the real story -- his mom based the recipe off something they saw in Minor League Baseball.
"You know what's funny is that's not her recipe. That was a Minor League Baseball thing, and my mom did like a spoof on it. That's the only thing that really bothered me was they gave us credit for that recipe but it wasn't even our recipe," Jamie told the Daily Meal. "The Minor League Baseball team did one of those things, you make the craziest things you can think of. So they made a cheeseburger on a donut. And it was on the nautical news cycle for about five months and somebody from our production team put it together. I have never tasted or seen my mom ever make a Krispy Kreme cheeseburger in my life."
The original donut burger was called the Grizzlie Burger and was served at an Illinois stadium in 2006, two years before Deen used donuts as hamburger buns on her television show, Paula's Home Cooking.
- Paula Deen: I Invented Donut Burgers
- Paula Deen to Bring Recipes to Grocery Stores
- Will Paula Deen Announce She Has Diabetes?
- Paula Deen has Lost 2 Pant Sizes
- Paula Deen Says The First Lady Sure Can Eat
- NYSC Targets Paula Deen in Latest Ad
- Sam Talbot Offers Advice to Paula Deen
- Paula Deen to Offer Lighter Recipes
- How Paula Deen Lost 30 Pounds
- Food Network to Air New High-Fat Paula Deen Episodes
- Paula Deen's Heart Attack Burgers
- Mini Banana Donuts
- Chocolate Doughnuts with Xocai Healthy Dark Chocolate
- Baked Macaroni Invention!!!
- Oh Boy, Did I Make Some Bread!!! Some Country White Bread For Y'all!!
- Easy Sweet Potato and Squash Soup with Gingerbread Croutons
- Fried Green Bean Bundles From Paula and Mary Bogue
- Black Velvet - Adapted From Paula Deen
- Easy Chocolate Beignets
- Run Over By The Donut Truck