If you love coffee as much as we do here in Seattle, you'll love this delicious Coffee Julep created by Daniel Read, Coffee Educator and Trainer from Houndstooth Coffee in Austin, Texas. This refreshing craft cocktail recipe - a twist on the classic mint julep - consists of espresso with the crema skinned off, vanilla and San Pellegrino sparkling water, then topped off with ice and fresh muddled mint. Don't wait until the Kentucky Derby to brew up a glass!
Houndstooth Coffee Julep
1 espresso, crema skimmed off
1/2 ounce vanilla
3 1/2 ounces San Pellegrino (or other sparkling water)
Muddled mint leaves for garnish
Pull espresso into a chilled 5-6-ounce Rocks glass. With a spoon, skim the crema off of the espresso. Add a half ounce of vanilla syrup and 3 ounces of San Pellegrino. Top off with ice and garnish with fresh muddled mint.
- 5 Mint Juleps to Sip on Derby Day
- Thirsty Thursday: Tea & Alcohol
- Jennie Ripps and Maria Littlefield Spice Up Cocktails With Tea Blends [Interview]
- Seattle Distilling Coffee Liqueur- Discovery!
- Thirsty Thursday: Irish Coffee
- Thirsty Thursdays: Banana Split
- Food Channel’s 2011 Top 10 Beverage Trends
- Kitchen Secrets Video: Irish Coffee
- Thirsty Thursdays: Maple Caffe Cocktail
- Perfect Bourbon and Coffee for Breakfast
- Champagne Julep
- Cinnamon Hot Toddy, infused with sunshine
- Video: How to Make Italian Coffee at Home
- A sensational summer sip from Prince Edward Island, The "Eddy"
- Afternoon Cocktail
- A healthy twist on the Pina Colada
- The Pierre Hotel Irish Coffee
- Tequila Tea Cocktail
- Kahwa (Spiced Aromatic Kashmiri Tea)
- Classic Mint Julep