Don't let the 3-day aging process or the fact that you need a brine injector deter you; the result is sublime. You can get a good and cheap injector here for less than $20 and you'll use it on Thanksgiving. And, you will need to make space in your refrigerator in order to hang the chicken while it ages. You'll also need to hang it in your oven while it cooks (though we think this beer can chicken holder would work in a pinch if you don't the oven headroom), but again, stay with us here. This roast chicken recipe from ChefSteps truly is the ultimate! The result is much like Peking Duck: super crispy skin with tender and juicy, succulent flesh.
Watch and learn from the ChefSteps video below. If anything it would make a fun weekend cooking project! Oh, and while you're at it get one of these probe thermometers.
- Must-See Video: What is Sous-Vide?
- Weight vs. Volume: Why Scales Are More Efficient Than Measuring Cups
- Sous Vide at Home: Easy Stove Top Method
- How To Sharpen A Knife
- Easy Sous-Vide at Home: Steak with Butter and Thyme
- The Easiest Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe Ever
- Kitchen Secrets Video Recipe: Baked Chicken with Baby Artichoke
- Quick and Easy Grilled Chicken for Independence Day
- Fat Tuesday Recipe: Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
- Healthy Broccoli and Chicken Quesadilla
- Salad of Rice, Roasted Chicken and Giardiniera
- Roasted Asparagus with Egg Salad
- Savory Chicken Meatballs with Penne Pasta
- Delicious Homemade Fudge in two steps
- Chicken wings in BBQ sauce with roasted potato.
- Green Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Salad
- Frittata With Sun Dried Tomato, Roasted Peppers and Kale
- Ultimate Stuffed Roasted Turkey
- Savory Roasted Pepper and Basil Quiche Bites Appetizer
- Garlic Roasted Turkey Breast