The ginger lime cooler is a refreshing cocktail that you can make any night of the week. You can double the simple syrup recipe and have it on hand to make this drink any night of the week. Also, pair different citrus fruits with the ginger. Grapefruit would be especially tasty.
1 1/2 cups sugar
5″ ginger nub, peeled and sliced
Zest of 8 limes
Juice of 8 limes
1 1/4 cup vodka
1/4 cup triple sec
1. Pour the sugar and 1 1/2 cups water into a sauce pan and cook over medium high heat until it forms a thin syrup, approximately 7-10 minutes.
2. Remove the sauce pan from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. Pour into a glass jar or bottle and add the lime zest and ginger nub. Set aside to steep and cool completely.
3. In a large pitcher, stir the lime juice, vodka and triple sec together with 5 cups of water. Once the ginger lime syrup is ready, remove the ginger and pour the syrup in the pitcher. Stir well.
4. Serve over ice with a few slices of lime.
- Thirsty Thursdays: Watermelon Jalapeno Cooler
- Thirsty Thursday: 3 Best Summer Coolers
- Thirsty Thursday: Summery Ginger Concoctions
- Thirsty Thursdays: Cherry Lime Mojito
- Thirsty Thursdays: Fizzy Ginger Hard Apple Cider
- Thirsty Thursdays: Ginger Shandy
- Thirsty Thursday: 3 Classic Eggnog Recipes
- Thirsty Thursday: 5 Best Gluten Free Summer Cocktails
- Cooler Weather=Four Roses+Cock n'Bull Ginger Beer
- Thirsty Thursdays: Watermelon Margarita Slushie
- Ginger Lime Cooler
- Indian Asparagus with Ginger & Lime
- Beer and Lime Marinated Chicken Stuffed Tortilla Bowls
- Chicken Quesadilla With Chipotle and Lime Sour Cream
- Tilapia Stir Fry With Orange and Ginger Sauce
- Malibu Cooler
- Blackberry Cooler
- Thai Style Ginger Lime Dressing
- Butternut Squash, Parsnip Quesadilla With Ginger-Lime Beet Salsa
- Ginger Lime Thai Dressing