Did you know that 1 in 5 kids in Seattle's King County is at risk for hunger? United Way is working to erase the question mark that accompanies mealtime for children and families in our neighborhoods. But you don't have to live in Seattle to participate!
Hunger Action Week is an annual awareness week for this issue that affects 13% of King County residents and 1 in 6 people nationwide. Join Foodista, along with fellow food bloggers and businesses, and stand up to hunger!
Sign up today for Hunger Action Week, March 25 to 30.
You've signed up—now what?
Take the Food Stamp Challenge and try to eat three healthy meals for one week on a food stamp budget. Get details here.
Learn these hunger facts, share them via social media to help spread awareness of what hunger looks like in our community. Tweet #hungerfreeKC and bookmark the UWKC blog to keep up with the latest Hunger Action Week news.
Host a dinner party. (here's how!) and gather friends to talk about what you can do to end hunger.
Make a donation. School will be out soon, and thousands of kids won’t be able to rely on school breakfast and lunch for nutrition. Support summer meals programs by making a gift today.
- Japan Week Continues Today (March 20) and Tomorrow (March 21) at Grand Central Terminal
- Blog Action Day: No More Hungry Children in America
- Food Revolution Launches Milk Week of Action
- Celebrity Chefs and Football Players Join Kraft in Hunger Relief Efforts
- Mark Salling Joins ConAgra Foods in Fight Against Child Hunger
- Join Hunger Free Vermont
- The Chew Joins the Fight to End Hunger
- Nick Cannon Supports Stamp Out Hunger Drive
- Hunger Challenge Week
- Cheerios: Lady Gaga "Marry the Night" Music Video is Fine With Us!
- Happy Thanksgiving Week! - Grill Zuchinni, Yellow Squash & Pomegranates Salad
- Recipe Of The Week: Beet Salad
- Recipe Of The Week: Lenten Lentil Soup
- Recipe Of The Week: Baked Halibut
- There's a Hummus Among Us!
- Tiramisu (Bon Appétit March 1990)
- In Action On Set
- the Mockingjay
- Week Day Pasole
- Week Night Roasted Chicken