This mashed cauliflower recipe is a tasty alternative to the traditional potato dish. Toss in dill (or your favorite fresh herb) and a nice sharp Cheddar cheese and you have a creamy delicious Easter side dish that's excellent alongside ham or lamb. Your family will love it!
Mashed Cauliflower with Dill and Cheddar
1 medium head cauliflower
1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
1 cup sharp white cheddar, grated
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Garnish with sliced green onion, optional
Bring a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well, patting with paper towels if necessary; do not let cauliflower cool.
In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Cheddar and butter until almost smooth. Stir in dill and season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with diced green onion. Serve hot.
- Stop Everything And Make These Spring Onion And Cheddar Scones Right Now
- Easter Brunch: Cheddar Dill Scones
- Easter Bunny Monkey Bread
- Mustard-Maple Ham Steaks With Cider-Madeira Sauce
- Easter Brunch Recipe: Bacon Pull Apart Bread
- Individual Potato Kugel
- How to Recipe: Mini Bacon Egg Breakfast Cups
- Jewish Comfort Food: Matzo Brei with Spinach and Feta
- Cinnamon Roll Bunnies
- Six Layer Chocolate Coconut Peeps Cake is the Ultimate Easter Dessert
- Unstuffed Turkey Cabbage- Sans the Cabbage
- Purple Potato Slaw
- A twist on soda bread, Irish Oat Scones
- Golden Crunchy Fish Cakes With Creamy Dill Sauce
- Fried zucchini with mayo-dill sauce and tomato
- Matzo in a Wok
- Easter Bunny's Vegan Ambrosia Salad
- Easter Nest Sweet Cake With Sour Cream-Royal Icing and Pistachios
- Dill Chicken And Dill Relish- دجاج بالشبت و صلصة الشبت
- Orange Scented Steam Cake with Strawberries