This mashed cauliflower recipe is a tasty alternative to the traditional potato dish. Toss in dill (or your favorite fresh herb) and a nice sharp Cheddar cheese and you have a creamy delicious Easter side dish that's excellent alongside ham or lamb. Your family will love it!
Mashed Cauliflower with Dill and Cheddar
1 medium head cauliflower
1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
1 cup sharp white cheddar, grated
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Garnish with sliced green onion, optional
Bring a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well, patting with paper towels if necessary; do not let cauliflower cool.
In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Cheddar and butter until almost smooth. Stir in dill and season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with diced green onion. Serve hot.
- Easter Brunch: Cheddar Dill Scones
- Mustard-Maple Ham Steaks With Cider-Madeira Sauce
- Jewish Comfort Food: Matzo Brei with Spinach and Feta
- Sassy Deviled Eggs
- Easter Brunch: Monterey Jack and Ham Quiche
- Passover Brisket
- Easter Brunch: Caramel Apple French Toast
- Best Carrot Cake EVER
- Lovely Leftovers: Egg Salad Wrap
- Easter Brunch: Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Unstuffed Turkey Cabbage- Sans the Cabbage
- A twist on soda bread, Irish Oat Scones
- Golden Crunchy Fish Cakes With Creamy Dill Sauce
- Fried zucchini with mayo-dill sauce and tomato
- Easter Bunny's Vegan Ambrosia Salad
- Easter Nest Sweet Cake With Sour Cream -Royal Icing and Pistachios
- Dill Chicken And Dill Relish- دجاج بالشبت و صلصة الشبت
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- Mexican Fish With Green Sauce
- Slow Cooker Dim Sum Pulled Pork & Sweet Sesame Snap Peas