Steve-O shared why he chose veganism in an essay for The Huffington Post. He revealed he made the decision after watching a video on YouTube.
"That video made me consider that I am responsible for the choices I make, that by choosing to eat meat, I had been participating in terrible cruelty, and that I was collecting negative karma, which I would have to answer for," Steve-O writes.
He began by forgoing foods like eggs and fish, and stopped wearing leather. He then went out and bought a carton of almond milk. "I never really thought of it as a sacrifice I was making, rather, it was more like a game I was playing to see how good I could feel about myself."
You can check out the video that inspired Steve-O's veganism below.
- Steve-O Contributes to 21-Day Vegan Kickstart
- Vegan Steve-O Stomps Out of Meat-Heavy Charity Event
- Def Leppard Guitarist Explains Why he Went Vegetarian
- Channing Tatum Went Vegan for 'Magic Mike'
- "Jackass" Star Steve-O on a Mission To End Animal Suffering
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- Kristen Wiig and Russell Brand Named PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2011
- Carrie Underwood Shares Favorite Vegan Snacks and Diet Strategies
- Mischa Barton Credits Mostly Vegan Diet for Weight Loss
- 5 Celebrities Who Became Vegan in 2011
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Dandelion pesto
- Vegan Texas-Fried "Steak" Bites
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup
- Vegan, Low Fat "A La Russe" Olivier Salad
- Delicious Lemon Cake