March 29, 2013
Caramel apple French toast is a decadent brunch dish for Easter. Apple bread is dipped in egg batter and pan fried until golden brown. Each slice is stuffed with a cream cheese apple filling that is flavored with toasted pecans, white chocolate, and apple wine. If that wasn't already over the top, the caramel apple French toast is served with maple cognac whipped cream.
Recipe Courtesy Tipsy Culinary Queen
Ingredients For Filling:
1/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped and toasted
1 cup apples, peeled and cut into small cubes (I used 1 Winesap and 1 Fuji apple)
1/2 cup Chateau Morrisette Sweet Mountain Apple Wine
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons white chocolate
1 teaspoon lemon zest
pinch of salt
8 slices Pepperidge Farm caramel apple bread
1 tablespoon butter
Ingredients For Egg And Cream Coating:
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon maple extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
Ingredients For Maple Cognac Whipped Cream:
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon Cognac
maple syrup or caramel for additional toppings (optional)
Directions For Filling:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Chop pecans and place on a baking sheet. Toast for 8 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Pour wine over apples and soak.
Mix remaining ingredients.
If you have time let fruit soak for 30 minutes.
Then drain well onto a cloth or paper towel to remove access liquid.
Stir into cream cheese mixture and refrigerate while you prepare everything else.
Directions For Eggs and Cream:
Whisk everything together in a bowl. Set aside.
Directions For Whipped Cream:
Refrigerate a mixing bowl and beaters as this helps cream to come together faster and better
Whip heavy cream on medium, then high until soft peaks form.
Add remaining items and continue beating until you have beautiful fluffy homemade whipped topping. Be careful not to beat too long or it will turn into butter.
Putting It All Together:
Heat butter in a large skillet on medium.
Lay out slices of bread.
Distribute filling between 4 slices of the bread.
Top each with remaining slice.
Dip into egg batter and place into hot pan.
Cook until lightly browned on each side, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
Cut into triangles or squares.
Spoon whipped cream over each section. This cream is not super sweet. If you want even more decadence, drizzle with maple syrup or caramel.
- Stop Everything And Make These Spring Onion And Cheddar Scones Right Now
- Complete Your Easter With These Amazing Cadbury Egg Doughnuts
- Easter Brunch Recipes: Savory Caramelized Onion Scones
- 11 Easter-Themed Drinks To Spice Up Any Easter Party
- Easter Bunny Monkey Bread
- What We Are Making: Peach Caramel French Toast
- Savory Spinach Easter Pie
- Mustard-Maple Ham Steaks With Cider-Madeira Sauce
- Easter Brunch Recipe: Bacon Pull Apart Bread
- Individual Potato Kugel
- Caramel Apple Cream And White Chocolate Stuffed French Toast
- Unstuffed Turkey Cabbage- Sans the Cabbage
- Bacon Wrapped French Toast
- A twist on soda bread, Irish Oat Scones
- Purple Potato Slaw
- Caramel Apple Slab Pie
- Nutella Stuffed French Toast
- Baked Pumpkin French Toast - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Eggs With Ham and Asparagus Casserole
- French Toast With Cinnamon and Nutmeg