Gluten-free banana nut bread is a delicious alternative for people practicing a wheatless diet. A slice of this flavorful quick bread works for breakfast, brunch, or a mid-day snack. If you are a chocoholic, you can add chocolate chips to this recipe for an additional boost of richness.
1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
3/4 cup cornstarch or arrowroot flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips, optional
1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 small/medium bananas)
1/2 cup Earth Balance (vegan) butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9 x 5 inch bread pan with cooking spray and dust with cornstarch.
Pour in the batter and bake 55-65 minutes. After 30 minutes (or whenever the top browns) cover with tin foil to prevent the top from burning. The bread is done baking when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Chocolate Banana Bread: Reduce the walnuts to 1/2 C. Increase the sugar to 1 C. Add 1/4 C cocoa powder. Omit the cinnamon.
- Sunday Baking: 3 Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Recipes
- Sunday Baking: Gluten-Free Cinnamon Scones
- Sunday Baking: Gluten-Free Raspberry Walnut Coffee Cake
- Sunday Baking: Gluten Free Cake Pop Recipes
- Best Ever Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipes
- Sunday Baking: Gluten Free Wonder Buns
- Sunday Baking: Gluten Free Triple Coconut Cookies
- Seasonal Sunday: 5 Best Herb Infused Sorbets
- Sunday Baking: Top 5 Rice Krispies Treat Recipes
- 5 Best Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipes
- Steamed Clams for an easy summer appetizer.
- Steamed Clams 2
- Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- Gluten Free Persimmon Walnut Bread
- Poached Pears with Chocolate Ganache
- Caramel Apple Cake Pops
- Eggless Ginger & Mango Bread
- Blueberry Chia-Poppy Seed Loaf - Gluten and Dairy Free
- Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread
- Belgian-Style Breakfast Bread