Take advantage of spring produce and make this delicious pea and asparagus risotto. You'll want to use a short grain rice for this recipe, like carnaroli or arborio, because it releases starch and gives risotto its signature creaminess. This classic Italian dish is elegant and delicious.
6 cups chicken broth
1 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups Arborio rice
1 cup fresh or frozen peas (thaw peas if using frozen)
1 1/2 cups asparagus, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth and white wine and heat just to simmering. Keep warm.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add olive oil. Add the rice and stir. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the grains are translucent around the edges. Be careful not to allow the grains to brown.
Reduce the heat to low. Add enough of the wine and chicken stock just to cover the top of the rice. Stir often, until the liquid is completely absorbed into rice. Once absorbed, add another amount of liquid just to cover the rice and continue stirring or moving as before. Continue until all the stock/wine has been used. It should take approximately 35 to 40 minutes for all of the liquid to be absorbed. After the last addition of liquid has been mostly absorbed, add the peas and asparagus and stir until risotto is creamy and asparagus is heated through. Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan and lemon zest. Taste and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Super Fabulous Spring Pea Risotto
- Asparagus Risotto
- Easy Roast Chicken and Pea Risotto
- Meatless Monday: Asparagus Lemon Risotto
- 10 Best Risotto Recipes
- 5 Sensational Vegan Risottos
- How-To Recipe: Oven Baked Mushroom Risotto
- Meatless Monday: Mushroom Risotto
- Brown Rice and Mushroom Risotto
- Fall Cooking: Roasted Pumpkin and Barley Risotto
- Spring Pea and Asparagus Risotto
- Lemony Risotto Croquettes With Slivered Snow Peas, Asparagus, and Leeks
- Risotto with Peas
- Portofino Shellfish Risotto
- Risotto with Garlicky Swiss Chard and Fontina
- Peas and Artichoke Hearts
- Italian Asparagus
- Minted Asparagus and Pea Risotto
- Pasta with Peas and Italian Sausage
- Asparagus Risotto With Shrimp