What's better than chocolate ice cream? Dark chocolate ice cream with tequila! Patrón XO Dark Cocoa is a delicious combination of Patron Silver tequila, high quality coffee and Criollo chocolate from Mexico. It's great in drinks, but even better when incorporated into desserts. Patrón has partnered with Saveur magazine to create a series of decadent signature desserts, like this Dark Cocoa Ice Cream. Whip up a quart or two of this heavenly treat with a kick for your next dinner party.
Dark Cocoa Ice Cream
Recipe courtesy of Saveur
1/2 cup Patrón XO Dark Cocoa
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
6 egg yolks
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Whisk together sugar, salt, and egg yolks in a 4-quart saucepan until smooth. Stir in cream and milk, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 4 minutes.
Pour mixture through a fine strainer into a medium bowl and whisk in Patrón XO Cafe Dark Cocoa and vanilla. Refrigerate until chilled. Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to a resealable plastic container and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours. Makes 1 quart.
Editorial disclosure: Foodista was not paid for this post.
- Cinco de Mayo Treats: Margarita Ice Cream
- Decadent Chocolate Stout Ice Cream
- Thirsty Thursdays: Watermelon Margarita Pops
- Marvelous Margarita Popsicles
- You Scream, I Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream Floats!
- Spicy Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Decadent Chocolate Recipe: Stout Brownie Sundae Floats
- Mercer's Wine Ice Cream Will Give You a Satisfying Buzz
- Easy Chocolate Filled Wafer Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Beat the Heat with Bittersweet Chocolate Ice Cream
- White chocolate-cranberry ice cream
- Minty mint-chocolate ice cream
- Creamy egg-less chocolate ice cream with chocolate chip cookies
- White Chocolate Almond Ice Cream
- Bittersweet Chocolate Ice Cream
- Coffee Ice Cream With Bittersweet Chocolate
- Peanut Butter Caramel Chocolate Banana Ice-Cream
- Raw Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Fresh Banana Ice-cream with Coconut