We've long accepted that the standard size for bottles of wine is 750ml. Enough with the tyranny of the 3/4ths liter! It's time to start demanding a full liter of wine in each bottle. That's why I applaud the producers of Già. It's an Italian red wine from the Piedmont region, famous for long-lived (and expensive) Barolos and Barbarescos.
Già, however, is more modestly priced, with 33.3% more wine than your puny 750ml bottle. Which makes it great for sharing, bringing to a dinner party, or adding to a sauce or braise. A blend of the three main red wine grapes of the region (Nebbiolo, Barbera, and Dolcetto), Già is also notable for what it doesn't have: high levels of alcohol. Clocking in at a modest 11% alcohol, as opposed to the 14%+ you see on numerous bottles of red wine, Già is a light, refreshing red wine that won't overwhelm your taste buds or have you falling off your chair. Stick it in the fridge for a bit and try it with a slight chill; it will be a great red wine for summertime BBQs and grilling sessions.
Are you ready to insist on one-liter satisfaction when it comes to bottles of wine?
For less maligned views of the 750ml wine bottle and much more, check out jamesonfink.com.
- How much sugar does a 1.5 liter bottle of Coke contain?
- Christmas Wine Literally From a Dumpster
- Octopus and Nebbiolo are a Delicious Match
- Wine Question: Does Vintage Matter?
- GreenBottle Wine Bottles Are Cardboard Vino Vessels
- The Rattlesnake Wine Bottle Holder is Ssstunningly Realistic
- How To Open A Bottle Of Wine With A String
- The Digital Cork Monitors Your Open Wine Bottles
- Jackass Jaw Bone Wine Bottle Holder is a Sliver Spectacle
- The Ultimate Handbag for Wine Lovers Keeps a Bottle Within Reach
- Regular Crepes
- Fresh Fig Cake With Amaretto Fig Compote And 2 Great Dessert Wines
- Bottle Gourd Kofta With Gravy
- Bottled Fruit Cake
- Doodhi or Bottle Gourd Halwa
- Infuser Water Bottle: Healthy Soft Drinks
- The Best Salad Dressing (You'll Never Buy Bottled Again!)
- Double Dip Red Wine Taralli
- Wine Slushie
- Gluehwein "Glow Wine"