If you're tired of takeout frozen dinners, Feast might be exactly what you need in your life. Feast is an online cooking school that focuses on helping normal folk (non gourmet chefs) create their own meals at home. The website has a community focus and is interactive with video and photo tutorials that teach the basics, but also make it easy to increase the culinary skills you already have.
"This is for a person who just wants to be able to feed themselves like a human being," founder of Feast, David Spinks, tells Mashable.
Feast offers four-week classes, but students can also choose to learn at their own pace.
"We're creating this really cool education for hands-on life skills -- it should be this really fun, immersive experience," Spinks adds. "Our goal is for people to come out of this class feeling legitimately comfortable and confident that they're now ready to explore the food world."
Lessons include skills like braising and making stock, but Spinks also hopes to expand Feast to include information about different lifestyles and issues surrounding food production and safety.
Each course at Feast costs $60 and are taught by Chef Jeremy Umansky of Brooklyn Fish Camp.
- Don't Miss: Live Italian Cooking Classes Online!
- Google+ Cooking Classes Offer Virtual Culinary Training
- Gaza Training Restaurant Helps the Hearing Impaired Learn to Cook
- Karl Lagerfeld Designs Label for Chanel's Gran Cru Classe Wine
- Jessica Alba Enrolls in Cooking Classes
- Moveable Feast: Seattle's Premier Kaiten Sushi Restaurant
- Restaurant Chains on Social Media Infographic Shows Brands' Presence Online
- Jimmy Choo Coffee Sleeve Classes Up Your Cappuccino
- 'Sofisticated' Party Glasses Class Up Solo Cups
- Kensington Hotel Offers Etiquette Classes for Children
- Aarti’s Green Minty Curry Chicken
- Feast Of St. Patrick: Shepherd's Pie
- Robert Hess' Old Fashioned
- La Panzanella
- White Rocky Road Choc Crackles
- Pan Roasted Raspberries Bread
- Aloo Tikki - Indian Recipe Online
- Devil's Food Cake Recipe
- Healthy Fall Dessert: Baked apples with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.
- Learn How To Make Pâte à Choux Dough and Make Cream Puffs With Chocolate Sauce