If you love the flavor of hops, you'll love HOPHEAD Vodka. This craft spirit is the brainchild of David King, president of Anchor Distilling Company. When he arrived at the company in 2011 he was taken by the evocative aromas of hops in their breweries and distilleries. "When I arrived at the brewery I was fascinated by the natural process of brewing these great flavorful beers and the evocative smell of hops in the air. I knew that there would be some technical challenges but I was sure we could distill a unique and interesting spirit using our small pot stills and certain varieties of hops from the brewery."
After much trial and error, head distiller Bruce Joseph and brewmaster Mark Carpenter developed HOPHEAD Vodka using small copper pot stills and two varieties of hops from Washington's Yakima Valley. The result is a craft spirit that captures the aromatic essence of hops, but without the typical bitterness. Try this tasty cocktail creation featuring this delicious and unique spirit.
2 ounces HOPHEAD Vodka
1/2 ounce Luxardo Maraschino
1 ounce lime juice
1 dash Scrappy's grapefruit bitters
1/4 ounce simply syrup
Serve up in a cocktail glass.
Editorial disclosure: Foodista received no compensation for this post.
- Maximus Vodka Challenges Drinkers to Man Up
- Shaq to Release "Luv Shaq Vodka"
- Celebrate National Vodka Day - Recipe Roundup!
- National Vodka Day! 3 Must Try Autumn Vodka Cocktails
- Thirsty Thursday: Tea & Alcohol
- Thirsty Thursday: Flower Infused Cocktails
- Election Jelly Shots are Perfect for a Political Party in the USA
- Stoli Salted Karamel Vodka is Sweet and Savory
- Frozen Ghost Vodka is a Spooky Spirit
- Meaty Cocktails: Pizza Margarita, Salmon Vodka, and Beef and Horseradish Guinness