An 18-year-old in the UK has survived on instant noodles for the past 11 years. Georgi Readman suffers from Selective Eating Disorder, which causes her to become sick with fear when she even attempts to eat other foods, including fruits and vegetables. Thus, she sticks to the one food she is comfortable with -- instant noodles -- consuming up to 30 miles of noodles every year.
Readman grew up as a picky eater, but a bout of food poisoning when she was 8-years-old threw her eating habits over the edge. Now, she suffers from a long list of health issues, including showing signs of leukemia (it turns out she was only displaying symptoms and didn't actually have leukemia). Her doctor has told her that her immune system can be compared to that of an 80-year-old woman.
Readman has begun seeing a behavioral therapist to help her overcome the eating disorder. She says she hopes to lead a normal life, eat a healthy diet and gain some weight.
- Watch Offensive Yoplait Eating Disorder Ad
- Jennifer Lawrence is 'Sick of Young Girls on Diets'
- Misophonia Makes Eating Enraging
- Lacey Schwimmer Talks About her Struggles with Eating Disorders
- Eating Disorders Stunt Growth in Kids
- Demi Lovato Lashes out at Disney for Eating Disorder Joke
- Lady Gaga Causes Controversy with 'Pop Stars Don't Eat' Tweet
- Your Food Porn Pics Might be a Sign of an Eating Disorder
- School Official Demanded Girl, 8, to Eat Lunch Out of Trash
- Cheryl Cole Talks Girls Aloud Eating Habits
- Instant Mashed Potatoes with Ramen Noodles
- Making Your Koka Instant Noodles Come Alive
- Korean Bibim Naengmyun (Instant Spicy Cold Noodles)
- Instant Kimchi Ramyun (Spicy Kimchi Noodles)
- Petit Four Selection
- New Discoveries: Dannon Activia French & Greek Selects
- Survival Soup
- Sweet Carrot Pie - An Old Time Family Favorite That Survived The Depression
- "Instant" Chocolate Mousse
- Homemade Instant Garlic Bread