Forty percent of food grown or raised in the U.S. is wasted, a number that causes a lot of money and resources to end up in landfills. Learn Path wanted to educate the world on just how all this food waste affects us, so they created the below infographic.
All of that wasted food results in $250 billion lost every year. 300 million barrels of oil are used every year for the sole purpose of producing food that will go to waste. Unfortunately, much of this waste comes from the food service industry. 4 to 10% of restaurant food ends up being thrown out before even being put on plates.
Learn more about food waste in the infographic below.
- Infographic: America's High-Steaks Obsession
- The World's Most Expensive Meals Infographic Will Lighten Your Wallet
- Infographic: Bizarre McDonald's Menu Items From Around the World
- Infographic: How America Orders Fruit
- Tyler Florence Launches Safeway's Open Nature Brand With World's Longest Picnic Table
- Today's Infographic: What is a Food Hub?
- Weird Wednesday Links: Hemingway's Yelp Reviews, the Vegan Zombie and the World's Best-Selling Beer
- Cee-Lo, M&Ms Unveil World's Largest Pinata in Honor of Pretzel M&Ms' First Birthday
- See's Candies Creates the World's Largest Lollipop
- Infographic: What's Really in your Produce?
- World's Best Crepes
- “ World's Best” Macaroni & Cheese
- World's Best Shortbread Cookies
- Gremily's World Famous Sweet Potatoes
- Food and Romance from around the world: Dubai, UAE
- Algerian Ploughman's Lunch
- Sophie's Gluten Free Triple Coconut & Almond Butter Soft Cookies With Dark Chocolate Chips
- Hummingbird Cake Prepared By Mrs and Mr Bear's Kitchen
- Sophie's Gluten Free & Egg Free Speculaas Spied Apple Muffins
- Sophie's Healthy Gluten Free & Sugar Free Banana & Almond Butter Cake With Dark Chocolate Chips