April 19, 2013
Scallion pancakes are a savory Chinese delight. This flatbread is similar to naan, chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside. These pancakes are perfect with moo shu pork or stir fried veggies.
Mix the water and the flour until a sticky dough forms.
Flour a clean flat work area and knead the dough for a few minutes then place in a bowl and cover. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
Spread vegetable or olive oil on the dough and sprinkle generously with garlic salt, cilantro and green onion.
Roll the dough like a carpet.
Spread a little oil on a plate and put the flattened dough onto the plate. Spread more oil on the top of the pancake and cover with a piece of plastic wrap. Oil the top of the wrap and put the next pancake on top and continue until you finish all the pancakes. You can prepare the dough ahead of time and store in this fashion in the refrigerator for up to one day. Make sure all the edges are covered with plastic wrap otherwise it will harden.
- 5 Sriracha Recipes You Can't Live Without
- Irresistible Sriracha Cheddar Bread
- DIY Panda Bread
- Lovely Gluten-Free Lemon Millet Muffins
- 5 Great Green Tea Recipes
- Gluten-Free Flat Bread
- Super Cute Panda Bread
- 5 Sweet and Savory Coconut Recipes
- Unfamiliar but Unbelievably Good Taiwanese Pineapple Cake
- Lovely Lemon Tofu Tart with Olive Oil Crust
- Chung Yao Beng - Scallion Pancakes A.K.A. Chinese Flat Bread
- Eggless Ginger & Mango Bread
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- Stir-Fried Flat Rice Noodle With Black Pepper Sauce
- Baked Egg Linguine With Onion, Scallion, and Umame
- Pineapple Banana & Sour Cream Upside Down Loaf
- Yuan Yang Crispy & Crunchy Hong Kong Kailan
- Musakhkhan- Chicken With Flat Bread and Sumac- مسخن فلسطيني
- Phulka Indian Flat Bread
- Orange-Cranberry Bread With Grand Marnier Glaze