Strawberry rhubarb pie pops are a fun way to savor these seasonal fruits. This dessert transforms pre-made pie dough into a miniature hand held pie. Pie pops are great for parties, bake sales, or just to do something a little different.
Pillsbury Pie Pops
Recipe Courtesy of Pillsbury
¾ cup frozen strawberries, thawed, chopped, drained, juice reserved
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup frozen chopped rhubarb, thawed
1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
8 craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with round ends)
1 egg white, beaten
1 teaspoon sugar
1/3 cup powdered sugar, if desired
2 to 3 teaspoons milk, if desired
Heat oven to 450°F. In bowl, place reserved strawberry juice. In another bowl, mix 1/3 cup granulated sugar and the cornstarch; using whisk, beat into reserved strawberry juice. Stir in strawberries and rhubarb.
Remove pie crusts from pouches; unroll on work surface. Using 3 1/2-inch round cutter, cut out 16 rounds (8 rounds per crust). Place 8 rounds on ungreased cookie sheet. Spoon strawberry-rhubarb mixture evenly onto each round to within 1/2 inch of edge. Place 1 craft stick in filling of each.
Flatten remaining rounds to 4 inches in diameter. Brush underside of each round with egg white; place over fruit. Press edges together; seal with fork. Cut small slit on top of each. Brush tops with egg white; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar, dividing evenly among pops.
Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool 10 minutes before serving. Mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth, adding milk until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over pops; let stand until set, about 30 minutes.
- Sensational Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie
- Cute Strawberry Rhubarb Hand Pies
- Country Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Quick and Easy Strawberry Tarts
- Rich and Creamy Orange Cheesecake Pie
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Pops
- Must-Try Peanut Butter Brownie Pie
- Two-Bite Cherry Pie Pops
- Choco-Coco-Nut Mini Ice Cream Pies
- Vodka Lemonade Cocktail Pie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Vegan Shake
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
- Vintage Recipe Project: Strawberry Sponge Pie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake
- Halloween "Pops"
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie & Perfect Pie Crust
- Caramel Apple Slab Pie
- Caramel Apple Pie Cupcakes
- For A Good Friend: Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
- Strawberry Bites