As some of you may know, I am currently fascinated by foods made in jars and cups. Not only do they transport well, but they are adorable and super easy to store. The latest in my foods in jars fascination is this Balsamic Veggie Salad. Take a little trip to your local Farmers' Market and pick up some fresh veggies and top the salad off with dressing made from scratch.
Balsamic Veggie Salad in a Jar
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 to 3 handfuls of fresh baby arugula
- 2 to 4 edible flowers
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, diced
- 1/4 cup sweet onions, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked grain, like quinoa or brown rice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- pinch of black pepper
Learn more about this recipe here.
Want more from Foodista? Sign up below!