This elegant shrimp salad balances the crisp flavor of Belgian endive with the sweetness of pomegranates. The addition of oranges and avocado make this the perfect warm weather salad!
Shrimp Salad with Pomegranate, Orange and Avocado
Courtesy of RecipeRehab
6 tablespoons pomegranate juice
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper, to taste
2 large navel oranges
2 heads Belgian endive
1 cup watercress
1 medium avocado
12 medium shrimp, cooked
1 cup pomegranate seeds
To prepare dressing:
Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
To prepare salad:
Peel oranges with a paring knife, removing the white pith. Quarter and slice the oranges.
Wipe endives with a damp cloth (do not soak–they tend to absorb water); cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Wash and dry watercress.
Peel and pit avocado; cut into thin slices lengthwise. To assemble salads:
Alternate avocado slices and orange sections in a fan shape on each of 4 salad plates. Top with endive, watercress and shrimp, if using. Drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve.
- Summer Salad Recipe: Shrimp and Grape-stuffed Avocados
- Meatless Monday: Egg Salad Sandwich with Avocado
- Young Coconut Avocado Smoothie
- Fresh Summer Salads
- Light and Healthy Mango Quinoa Salad with Shrimp
- Raw Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Summer Chillin' Avocado Soup
- Easiest Ever Gluten Free Lentil Fennel Artichoke Salad
- 5 Perfect Pomegranate Cocktails
- Beyond Guacamole: Baking with Avocados
- Shrimp and Pomegranate Salad With Pom Dressing
- Arugula Salad With Pomegranate, Avocado and Goat Cheese
- Like Pisa Tower – Crab Salad with Grapefruit, Pomegranate, Avocado and Watercress
- Fall Farro Salad with Pomegranate, Walnut & Truffles
- Shrimp and Avocado Appetizers
- Fresh Mediterranean Shrimp and Avocado Pita Pockets
- Garlicky Shrimp Pasta With Arugula Salad
- Persimmon, Pomegranate, and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Apple, Pear and Pomegranate Tart
- Salmon Tacos With Avocado Cream