Over 120,000 mint juleps will be served throughout the two-day Kentucky Derby this May 3-4, easily making this cocktail the drink of choice. For a twist on the classic mint julep recipe try this refreshing ginger julep with Bulleit Bourbon, organic sugar and ginger!
The Ginger Julep ’68 Fastback
1 .5 oz. Bulleit Bourbon
.5 oz. Organic Brown Sugar
¼ oz. Peeled Minced Fresh Ginger
1.5 oz. Soda Water
1 Lemon or Lime Twist
Muddle the ginger and brown sugar together until all of the sugar is moistened and nearly dissolved.
Add a dash of soda to finish dissolving the sugar, stir in your Bourbon.
Finish with ice, soda to taste and a lemon or lime twist.
Editorial disclosure: Foodista received no compensation for this post.
- Kentucky Derby Ready: The Bulleit Rye Mint Julep
- Classic Mint Julep Recipe for the Kentucky Derby
- The Irish Julep
- 5 More Bourbon Cocktails For the Kentucky Derby
- 5 Mint Juleps to Sip on Derby Day
- 4 Festive Holiday Cocktail Recipes
- 4 Holiday Cocktail Recipes for Thirsty Thursday
- Lavish Spritzer and Other Holiday Vodka Cocktail Recipes
- Cooking + Drinking - 5 Must Try Gluten Free Brandy Recipes
- 5 Heavenly Hot Toddy Recipes