A new report from Scientific American reveals that the amount of coffee drinking seen in Friends would have likely caused the beloved characters to fall very ill, if not kill them.
The report assumes that each of the Friends cast members drank two 20-ounce cups of caffeine-filled coffee during each episode, thanks to the large drink sizes at their favorite hang-out, Central Perk. Over the course of 10 seasons, this would add up to 445 gallons of coffee. According to the research, this amount of coffee is enough to seriously drug 300 people, who would soon find themselves hospitalized and probably would kill a few.
The researchers also took into consideration that what was capture on the small screen did not include every single cup of coffee the Friends characters consumed. In fact, they've estimated that these characters actually ingested a total of 3,100 gallons of coffee, which is about the size of half a freight container.
- Gloria Jean's, Newman's Own Organics Named Best Colombian Coffee by Consumer Reports
- Starbucks Frappuccino Cupcakes Will Perk Up Java Fiends' Palates
- Steve Carell Would 'Eat So Much Crap' If It Was The End Of The World
- 3 International Coffees To Perk You Up
- Jennifer Aniston's Endorsements Come with Thirst-Quenching Perks
- Southern Food Serves as Supporting Character in 'The Help'
- Vincent Kartheiser says Waitress Spat in his Food Because of 'Mad Men' Character
- Cookie Pop Fiction Cake Pops Recreate 'Pulp Fiction' Characters
- Repair Cafe Resists Wasteful Consumption
- 8 Villainous Cocktails Inspired by Disney's Evilest Characters