The Budweiser Buddy Cup is basically the beer company's way of encouraging drunken Facebook friending. The social cup comes to us from Budweiser Brazil and works with the help of a chip embedded into the bottom.
You can give the Buddy Cup access to your Facebook page by taking a picture of its QR code with your smartphone. This gives the cup access to your Facebook page and lets Budweiser drinkers friend each other by clinking their cups together. When the cups touch, the drinkers will automatically become online friends.
Somehow, I see this Buddy Cup causing trouble for social networking beer drinkers everywhere.
- Buy Virtual Dunkin' Donuts in the Sims Social Facebook Game
- Facebook Kills Off Deals Feature
- Dunkin' Donuts App Lets You Buy a Buddy Coffee
- 50 Cent Donating Meals for Facebook Likes
- Use Social Media To Create Your Local Food Movement
- Restaurant Chains on Social Media Infographic Shows Brands' Presence Online
- Pepsi Next Impersonates Customers with Comedians
- Omaha Steaks Opens Up a Facebook Storefront
- Can the Budweiser Bow Tie Can Boost Sales?
- Clink is a Prisoner-Run Restaurant Serving Organic Food