Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner and everyone will be celebrating with margaritas. Give your margarita a twist by turning into a scrumptious dessert! Impress your friends by baking this light cake from scratch. And, don't forget to add a bit of whip cream and a slice of lime on top!
- 1 3/4 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plain or lemon-flavored yogurt
- 1/2 cup superfine granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp tequila
- whipped cream and lime slices for garnish
Get the rest of this Margarita Cake recipe here.
Want more from Foodista? Sign up below!