May 8, 2013
This French toast casserole is the perfect brunch dish for Mother's Day. It can be made ahead of time with no fuss. Throw it into the oven just before serving so that it is piping hot when Mom sits down to eat.
Slice French bread into 1-inch slices. Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 x 13-inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended but not too bubbly.
Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread Praline Topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup. Praline Topping: 1/2 pound butter, melted 1 cup packed light brown sugar 1 cup chopped pecans 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipe: Crepes Suzette
- Cooking With Kids: This Flowery Breakfast is Perfect for Mother's Day
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipe: Asparagus Ricotta Tartlets
- 5 Most Decadent Gluten Free French Toast Recipes
- Mother's Day Brunch: Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipe: Sausage and Red Pepper Quiche
- CakeLove in the Morning Will Guide You Through a Mother's Day Brunch
- Mother' Day Brunch Recipe: Monte Cristo Benedict
- Mother's Day Pattern Cookie Gift Box is Stunning Artwork
- Mother's Day Cookie Gift Box is a New Way of Giving Flowers