Blue cheese and fruit is a classic pairing of sharp and sweet, which is why we love this easy salad recipe. Tender lettuce is dressed with a raspberry acai vinaigrette then topped with blue cheese, plump dried cherries, toasted pecans and grapefruit sections. It's the perfect springtime salad!
Looking for a delicious, easy and inexpensive menu for your next outdoor party? Check out our 6-course Easy Outdoor Entertaining menu here.
Raspberry Acai Dressed Salad with Blue Cheese, Fruit and Pecans
1 cup Archer Farms® Raw Pecans, toasted
1 large head red or green leaf lettuce
Archer Farms® Raspberry Acai Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
1 4-ounce package crumbled blue cheese
1 package Archer Farms® Montmorency Dried Cherries
1 grapefruit, cut into segments (also known as supremes)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a small sauté pan on medium-high heat, toast pecans until slightly browned, tossing or stirring frequently to prevent burning. Set aside and allow pecans to cool.
Thoroughly wash and dry lettuce, then tear leaves into bite size pieces. Place in a large bowl and toss with vinaigrette to taste.
Add blue cheese, cherries, pecans and grapefruit. Season with salt and pepper, and gently toss until well-combine. Serve immediately.
Tip for individual plating: dress lettuce only and place an equal amount on each salad plate. Garnish the top of each with blue cheese, dried cherries, pecans, and a few sections of grapefruit. Season with freshly ground black pepper and a small pinch of salt.
Brought to you by Archer Farms only at Target.
- Easy Springtime Gluten Free Pasta Salad
- Avocado Pesto Pasta Salad and Other Summer Pasta Salads
- A Twist on Classic Potato Salad
- Labor Day Sides: Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Labor Day Sides: Grilled Vegetable and Pasta Salad
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- Fingerling Potato Salad with Pickled Red Onions and Chive Blossoms
- Springtime Quencher: Fruity Sangria
- Top 5 Tequila Recipes
- How-To Recipe: Hawaiian-Style Macaroni Salad
- Roasted Asparagus with Egg Salad
- Olivier salad: simple salad recipe you will love
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Vegetable Gratin
- Green Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Salad
- Simple Grilled Vegetable Kabobs, a perfect side for steak
- Simple Squash Salad
- Super Simple Bbq Salmon
- Simple Salmon
- Simple fast salad with romaine, tomato and pickles