Grilled strawberry hand pies are a delightful summertime dessert. Buttery pie crust is filled with fresh strawberries and cooked on the grill until golden brown. The crust absorbs a smoky flavor that surprisingly compliments the sweetness of the strawberries. If you are creating a completely grilled menu, grilled strawberry hand pies should definitely be served for dessert.
Grilled Strawberry Hand Pie
Recipe Courtesy of Pillsbury
2 cups fresh strawberries, mashed
¾ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup cornstarch
1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
Disposable foil pizza pan
Disposable foil pie pan
Powdered sugar, if desired
In 2-quart saucepan, stir together strawberries, granulated sugar and cornstarch over medium heat. Heat to boiling; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly, until very thick. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
Unroll pie crusts on floured work surface. With 3 1/2-inch round cutter, cut 8 rounds from each crust. Moisten edges with water. Spoon 2 teaspoons strawberry mixture on half of each crust round. Fold untopped half of round over filling; press edges with fork to seal. Place pies on ungreased disposable foil pizza pan. Prick tops of pies with fork.
Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat. Try to maintain heat around 350°F. Place foil pie pan upside down on grill to make elevated surface. Place foil pizza pan on top so it is elevated off grill. Cover grill; cook 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from grill; cool 10 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 5 Perfect Peach Pie Recipes
- Incredible Ice Box Pies for Summer
- Farmhouse Chicken Pot Pie from Me, Myself and Pie
- A Gluten-Free Menu to Enjoy on the 4th of July
- Get Grilling: Watermelon au Poivre
- Must-Make Recipes for Your Memorial Day Barbecue
- Sunday Baking: White Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies
- 5 Smoldering S'mores Recipes for National S'mores Day
- Must-Read Blog Posts: Restaurant Favorites
- Campfire Cooking: 4 Recipes to Cook on Your Next Camping Trip