Watermelon is a quintessential warm weather treat, and a versatile one too! It can be simply eaten all on its own, thrown on the grill, scooped into balls and tossed in salads, even blended into cocktails like this watermelon martini. Some like it sweet, some like it with salt. We love this salad recipe that combines both flavors, where sweet watermelon meets briny feta cheese and is brightened with fresh mint. We're sure this watermelon salad, from Foodista contributor BJ Graham, will be frequenting your picnic table all summer long! For a beautiful presentation and easy transport (and cleanup!), serve it right out of the scooped out gourd.
Watermelon, Feta and Mint Salad
1 seedless watermelon, sweet and delicious
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar-very good quality
1 cup of fresh mint
3 ounces (or more) feta cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
Cut watermelon in half and remove watermelon from rind with a round melon baller. Place balls in a separate large bowl. Dress with olive oil and vinegar.
Chiffonade the mint (cut into tiny ribbons). Roll up the mint leaves like a cigar and then cut it into nice strips or ribbons. Add to melon.
Next, add the feta cheese and season with pepper. Gently toss to incorporate all ingredients. Place salad back into empty watermelon gourd. Chill, garnish with a sprig or two of mint then serve.
- Watermelon, Feta, and Mint Salad
- Summer Watermelon, Feta and Mint Salad
- Watermelon Mint Salad and Other Savory Watermelon Recipes
- Black-Eyed Pea, Cucumber and Feta Salad
- Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Potato Salad
- 10 Summer Spectacular Recipes for 4th of July
- Spectacular Spiced Grilled Chicken
- Spectacular Cider Babrbecue Sauce
- Red Velvet Revisted: 5 Spectacular Recipes
- Get Grilling: Watermelon au Poivre
- Watermelon, Feta And Mint Salad
- Watermelon, Zucchini, Carrot Salad
- watermelon and feta salad ♥
- Mediterranean Chickpea and Feta Salad
- Watermelon Leaf Lettuce Salad With Light Feta
- Watermelon Feta and Mint Salad
- Watermelon, Kiwi, Apple and Frozen Banana Smoothie
- Feta Greek Salad
- Spicy Grilled Watermelon and Cucumber Salad
- Flank Steak Stuffed With Mushrooms and Feta Cheese