This easy Korean marinade recipe is simply awesome on meat and tofu alike, and you can whip it up in minutes. We adapted it from a recipe found in the June/July 2013 issue of Food & Wine, but made our version with Splenda instead of sugar. Double or triple the batch, it's that good.
Korean BBQ Marinade
Adapted from Food & Wine
8 packets Splenda
6 tablespoons soy sauce
6 tablespoons apple sauce
1/4 cup sesame oil
4 cloves garlic, smashed through a garlic press
2-inch piece of ginger, smashed through a garlic press
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix ingredients in a bowl and start marinating!
Tip: use it in this vegan Korean BBQ-Style Tofu with Ssamjang Sauce recipe.
- Chipotle Ketchup Will Add a Kick to Any Burger
- Must-Have Homemade Condiments
- Korean BBQ Ring is a Towering Accessory
- 5 Copycat Chicken Recipes for Your Favorite Restaurant Dishes
- Char Siu BBQ Pork
- A Twist on Classic Potato Salad
- Ssamjang Sauce: An Addictive Korean Condiment
- Ball Park and Oscar Mayer Wiener War Kicks Off in Court
- 5 Best Boozy Marinades
- 5 Foodie Cufflinks