Grilling season is upon us, so for those of you who haven't quite learned the art yet, this infographic is for you.
The best piece of meat has 5% fat, which adds a ton of flavor. The more fat the steak has, the more flavor it will have -- which is why marble steaks tend to be so expensive.
A steak cooked rare is one that is red in the center and cooked to about 140 degrees F. As the steak is cooked to higher temperatures, it loses its color and changes in texture and taste.
Learn more about the science of grilling steak in the infographic below.
- Infographic: A Foolproof Guide to Grilling
- Infographic: America's High-Steaks Obsession
- Infographic: How Home Cooks Fire Up for Grill Season
- The Grill Master Infographic Will Get You Grilling to Perfection
- Infographic Shows Regional McDonald's Menu Items
- 5 Great Recipes For Your Copper River Salmon
- Everything You Need to Know About Grilling Season [infographic]
- Steak Pops are a Manly Meat Treat
- Infographic: The Many Creative Uses of PB&J
- The Beefeater Grill Branded Rump Steak Helps You Propose on February 29
- Grilled Chicken & Steak w Vegetable Medley
- Hickory Smoked Sirloin Steak
- Just in time for grill season, terrific tips for the perfect steak
- Simple Grilled Vegetable Kabobs, a perfect side for steak
- T-Bone Steak And Wild Mushroom Medley
- Garlic Steak
- Steak Tacos
- My sister's steak sauce
- New York Strip Steak w Asparagus & Mini Bell Peppers
- Barbecued Baby Back Pork Ribs and Bush's Grillin' Beans