If you get a hankering for home churned ice cream, try this recipe for peach coconut ice cream from The Roasted Root. This 4 ingredient ice cream doesn't require an ice cream maker (although you can use one if you you have one on hand). Serve this delicious ice cream on its own or as a sundae with caramel sauce, sliced almonds and toasted shredded coconut.
2 cans full-fat coconut milk (13.6 ounces each)
1 cup half & half
½ cup cane sugar
6 large ripe peaches, pitted and quartered (peel on)
Heat coconut milk and half & half on the stove over medium high in a saucepan until hot and barely bubbling (bring to a low boil). Add sugar; mix to dissolve. Remove from heat. Pour mixture into a blender along with the chopped peaches. Allow mixture to cool about 10 minutes before pouring mixture in a large container; refrigerate a few hours until cold.
If using an ice cream maker, follow the instructions on your ice cream maker accordingly.
You can also try this without an ice cream maker by putting the ice cream mixture in a freezer-safe container, placing it in the freezer and stirring with a spoon every hour for roughly 8 – 10 hours. If you try this without an ice cream maker the consistency will not be as creamy as you’d get when using an ice cream maker, but the ice cream will still be great!
If you have leftovers in the freezer, thaw the ice cream at least 10 minutes before attempting to dig in because it will be much stiffer than store-bought ice cream.
- Grilled Peaches with Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream
- Vegan Coconut Ice Cream
- Summer Eating: Baked Peaches and Cream
- Must Have: Peaches and Cream Ice Cream
- Crazy Raw Coconut Ice Cream
- 4 Homemade Frozen Treats that the Ice Cream Man Used to Sell
- 3 Ice Cream Sandwiches You Won't Want To Miss This Summer
- What's Hot: Rosemary Ice Cream With Grilled Peaches
- Crazy Good Nanaimo Ice Cream Bars
- 5 Sweet Peach Dessert Recipes to Celebrate this Stone Fruit