Transforming into Superman is no easy feat, just ask Henry Cavill. The star of the upcoming Man in Steel movie says he ate 5,000 calories a day to bulk up for the role.
"You've got to eat protein first, then a little bit of carbs... you've gotta keep your hunger levels going," Cavill said. "I'm training two and a half hours a day, pushing my body beyond its normal limits, putting on a lot of muscle mass and just making myself look like Superman."
But during filming, the actor says he would allow himself a treat every so often.
"The biggest treat was after a six-week phase when I was getting in shape for shirtless scenes," he said. "After that, [director] Zack Snyder bought me an amazing apple pie and a tub of ice cream. Then I ordered a pizza as well, and didn't even go home -- I just sat in a trailer afterwards and ate it. I passed into a food coma after that."
Man of Steel hits theaters on June 14.
- Superman Pizza Will Rescue You From Hunger
- Freida Pinto Talks Immortals Costars' Diets
- $5,000 Pho Features Foie Gras and Wagyu Beef
- $5,000 YMCA Ad Featuring Butter-Devouring Woman Wins Award
- What Obama Ate While Tracking Bin Laden
- Octavia Spencer: Women Would be Happier if They Ate More
- I Ate The Best Burger In Nebraska
- Cara Delevingne Ate McDonald's Before Victoria's Secret Show
- Superhero Cupcakes Show Dad He's Your Hero
- Russell Crowe is Slimming Down for Superman Role