Strawberry cream cheese ice cream from Easy Cook celebrates this seasonal fruit. The flavors are fresh and the ice cream is rich. The addition of cream cheese adds a tangy flavor to the ice cream that compliments the sweet berries. While you do need an ice cream maker for this recipe, they are widely available and can be inexpensive.
2 cups strawberries, trimmed
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup milk
1 cup whipping cream
½ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp almond extract
Red food coloring (optional)
Place strawberries in a medium bowl and mash with potato masher until crushed. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth.
Add ½ cup of the milk, and beat just until combined.
Add mashed strawberries, remaining milk, whipping cream, sugar, vanilla, almond extract, and, if desired, red food coloring. Beat until combined.
Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn for 15 - 20 minutes.
Transfer to plastic container and place in the freezer for 4 and a half hours before serving.
Serving: take it out for 5-10 minutes before serving, or longer, so it comes to the right scooping temperature.
- How to Make Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream: A Video
- Grilled Peaches with Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream
- Seasonal Eating: Meyer Lemon and Strawberry Ice Cream
- Spicy Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Decadent Chocolate Stout Ice Cream
- 10 Tasty Ice Cream Ideas for Summer
- Skinny Ice Cream Sundaes
- Cinco de Mayo Treats: Margarita Ice Cream
- Vegan Almond Cherry Ice Cream
- 4 Fabulous Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwich Recipes
- Baked Alaska Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Lemon Victoria Sandwich Cake with Raspberries, Strawberries and Clotted cream
- Strawberry and cream cheese ice cream
- Orange Sherbet Ice-Cream
- Papaya Ice Cream
- Peach Ice Cream Cake
- Vegan Blueberry "Ice Cream"