Nothing says summer quite like a good ole clambake. To kick off the summer season, Samuel Adams teamed up with New England food expert and Food Network Star Chef Michele Ragussis to bring craft beer lovers an ale-infused clambake featuring lobsters, clams, sausage and vegetables. Sam Adam's limited edition Summer Ale - a bright and flavorful American ale with notes of Noble hops, wheat, citrus and the subtle peppery spice of Grains of Paradise - adds the perfect touch to this tasty clambake.
Want to avoid the hassle of shopping for all your clambake needs? Samuel Adams, in partnership with artisanal meat and seafood purveyor Robinson's Prime Reserve, makes recreating Chef Ragussis' recipe below at home simpler than ever with the Samuel Adams Summer Ale Urban Clambake Packages. And, while supplies last you get a free commercial grade lobster pot with your order (a $50 value).
Enjoy your clambake and summer!
Sam Adams Summer Ale Clambake
Courtesy of Food Network Star, Michele Ragussis
Serves 6 to 8
4 lobsters (about 1 lb. each)
5 lbs. steamers (Ask for purged steamers, which come already cleaned), scrubbed
3 yellow onions, quartered
4 garlic cloves, crushed
6 ears of corn
12 small potatoes
1 lb. Portuguese sausage or chorizo, cut into one-inch pieces
1 lb. hot dogs, cut in half lengthwise
2 lemons, cut into wedges
3 bottles of American pale wheat beer (such as Sam Adams Summer Ale)
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Place the quartered onions, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, beer, and potatoes in the bottom of a large pot. Layer the hot dogs, sausage or chorizo, and clams directly on top. Add the lobsters, and cover tightly.
Place the pot over medium-high heat, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the lobsters are red and the clamshells have opened.
Layer on a platter or scatter on newspaper. Serve with lemon wedges.
Editorial disclosure: Foodista received no payment for this post.
- Wheatless Wednesday: Sizzlin' Seafood
- Pumpkin Ale Cake and Other Recipes that Highlight Pumpkin Beer
- Fingerling Potato Salad with Pickled Red Onions and Chive Blossoms
- Easy Outdoor Entertaining: 6 Simple and Delicious Recipes
- 10 Best Macaroni Salad Recipes
- What To Drink With Grilled Salmon
- Celiac Saturday: Gluten Free Franks
- 5 Best Broccoli Salad Recipes
- Gluten Free Living: 3 Easy Tips For Going To A BBQ
- The Alpina Mobile Bongos Beer Bar Blends Brews With Burgers
- Grilled Chicken & Steak w Vegetable Medley
- Grilled Pizza Dough
- Smoky Baked Beans
- How would you prepare a Coastal Clambake?
- Bloody good drink for your next clambake
- Pimento Cheese Burgers
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- Teriyaki Garlic Steak Marinade
- Lightly grilled flounder & early potato
- Slow Cooker Dim Sum Pulled Pork & Sweet Sesame Snap Peas