Chile and cheese quesadillas are an easy meal to prepare on the grill. Flour tortillas are placed on the grate with cheese and green chiles sprinkled over top and cooked until melted. Depending on the temperature of the grill, it can 5 to 15 minutes to be ready. This is just the basic recipe. Feel free to add veggies and meat to your quesadilla, get creative!
Preheat your gas grill on high heat for about 15 minutes. Brush the tortilla with a little olive oil, place in the grill to cook on a pizza stone or the warming rack until the outside is crispy and beginning to turn brown and the cheese is melting on the inside.
Comments: The original versions of this dish were cooked in Old Mexico over charcoal fires. We have gone full circle now and this classic is at its best cooked on your gas grill. You can do all kinds of variations on this recipe, with grilled slices of chicken, beef, or fish. Use your imagination.
- Quick Grilled Chicken Quesadilla
- Must-Make Scrambled Egg-Stuffed Poblano Chiles With Spicy Cheese Sauce
- How to Make Mexican Style Grilled Corn
- Mexican Grilled Corn
- Top 5 Tequila Recipes
- 5 Must-Try Corn Recipes for the Summer
- Absurdly Easy Grilled Chicken Tacos
- The Classic Cuban Sandwich
- How-To Recipe: Authentic Carne Asada
- Sunday Supper: Steak Fajitas