Paula Deen has been fired from the Food Network after admitting to using racial slurs in the past. The network said they would not be renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.
"I have had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country and meeting people who have shared with me the most touching and personal stories," Deen said in a statement. "That would not have been possible without the Food Network. Thank you again. Love and best dishes to all of y'all."
Deen's controversy began earlier this week when comments she made during a sworn deposition last month were filed in the U.S. District Court. She made two public apologies after the comments were revealed, to a less than positive public reaction.
Do you think Deen should have been fired?
- Paula Deen Loses Contracts to Multiple Major Companies
- Food Network to Air New High-Fat Paula Deen Episodes
- Paula Deen Apologizes for Racist Comments Via YouTube
- Paula Deen Fights Back Against Anthony Bourdain Insults
- Anne Thornton Fired from Food Network for Plagiarizing Recipes
- Kelly Clarkson Gets Help From Paula Deen for Thanksgiving Dinner
- Paula Deen's Upcoming Book Canceled by Publisher
- Paula Deen to Bring Recipes to Grocery Stores
- Paula Deen to Open Restaurant in Chicagoland Casino
- Paula Deen Did NOT Invent the Donut Burger
- Fried Green Bean Bundles From Paula and Mary Bogue
- Black Velvet - Adapted From Paula Deen
- Mexicali Fire® Baked Chicken
- Why I Decided To Make Indian Spiced Tri-Tip Tacos With Tangy Tomato Sauce
- Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Magic Potion
- Aarti’s Green Minty Curry Chicken
- Pulled Pork With Mango Bbq Sauce
- Peanut Butter and Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Hot cocoa cookies
- Peppers that will leave you stuffed