Did you know that grass-fed beef is as heart-healthy as salmon or chicken? The animals it comes from eat a diet of 100% fresh grass and spend their time roaming pastures, which creates beef as low in cholesterol as skinless chicken breast and with 2-4 times the healthy omega-3 and key micronutrient levels as feedlot beef. Plus, they're a lot happier eating what they should naturally be eating. And, grass-fed beef tastes better!
Grilled Grass-Fed Ribeye Steaks with Chimichurri
Total time: 1 hour. Serves 4.
The clean flavor of grass fed beef combined with a fresh blend of herbs makes for a beefy steak that feels like a light meal. It may cook a bit faster than feedlot beef and should be cooked rare to medium to experience the truly natural beef flavor. Slow and low is the best way to start your process:
Cook on heat low enough to toast bread.
Keep the flames away, preferably use hardwood or a charcoal grill.
Salt is nice and use pepper as desired.
4 Ribeye grass fed steaks, 10 - 12 oz.
Sprinkle the steaks with coarse salt and a touch of pepper. Use a hardwood or charcoal grill for best results. Start over hot coals and move to lower heat until medium rare, about 3 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
1 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley
1 cup of fresh oregano
4 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 teaspoon of red peppers flakes
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon of sea salt
1⁄2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1⁄4 cup of red wine vinegar
Mince and combine the parsley, oregano, garlic and pepper flakes into a bowl. Mix in the water and salt and let rest for 30 minutes. Add the vinegar and olive oil, and mix well. Store overnight in a cool place in a sealed jar. The sauce can last a few weeks if refrigerated.
Editorial disclosure: Foodista received no payment for this post.
- Kabobs Galore!
- Celebrate Special Diets: 4th of July Recipe Roundup
- 5 Budget BBQ Tips for Thrifty Thursday
- Must-Read Blog Posts: Better Burgers
- Easy BBQ Recipe: Flank Steak With Chimichurri Sauce
- Date Night: Skirt Steak with Chimichurri and Grilled Asparagus
- It's a Zucchini Party
- Wheatless Wednesday: Julia Child Goes Gluten Free
- Classic Chimichurri Sauce
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Chimichurri and Summer Veg
- Grandma's Chilean Chimichurri Sauce
- Flank Steak With Chimichurri Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce, Choripan
- Chimichurri Pesto Sauce
- Fresh Niagara Corn and Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- My sister's steak sauce
- Jamaican Barbeque Sauce
- Grilled Lamb Chops and Asparagus With Balsamic Berry Sauce
- Juicy Steak With Mushrooms, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Horseradish Sauce