These sweet berry tacos are an easy yet impressive dessert. Pre-made biscuit dough is fried in a skillet to resemble a taco shell. Each one is then filled with freshly whipped cream and berries.
Berry Dessert Tacos
Recipe Courtesy of Pillsbury
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1 can Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated Butter Tastin'® biscuits
2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
¼ cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
In medium bowl, gently mix strawberries, blueberries and 4 tablespoons of the sugar. Cover; refrigerate, stirring occasionally.
In small bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on low speed until slightly thickened. Increase speed to medium. Slowly add 2 tablespoons of the sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Cover; refrigerate.
Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Sprinkle flour on work surface; press or roll each biscuit into 6-inch round.
In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add 2 biscuit rounds to skillet; cook 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side or until light golden brown. Repeat with remaining biscuit rounds, adding more oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle one side of the biscuit rounds with the remaining 4 tablespoons sugar.
With slotted spoon, spoon 1/3 cup fruit mixture lengthwise in middle of unsugared side of each biscuit round. Spoon rounded 1/4 cup whipped cream along outside edge of fruit; fold biscuit round over to form taco. Serve immediately.
- Easter Brunch Recipe: Ham and Biscuit Strata
- Quick and Easy Strawberry Tarts
- Rich and Creamy Orange Cheesecake Pie
- Stress-Free Lemon Blueberry Tart
- Fruit Tacos with Chocolate Tortillas are a Healthy Option
- Peanut Butter and Banana Crescents
- 8 Recipes for the Perfect Peach Cobbler
- Celebratory Berry Lemon Cheesecake Squares
- Individual Red White and Blue Pies in a Jar
- Triple Fruit Cheesecake
- Blackberry Cobbler with Sweet, Tender Biscuits
- Frozen Berry Smoothie Recipe
- Lemon Blueberry Biscuits
- mixed berry tea cake
- Lemon Victoria Sandwich Cake with Raspberries, Strawberries and Clotted cream
- Blackberry Peach Betty
- Fudge Cake With Raspberry Peach Melba Topping
- Blackberry Puffs
- Banana Cranberry Muffins
- Blueberry Oatmeal Bread