One of the best things about summer is the bounty of produce it brings - like the ubiquitous zucchini. We eat it raw, stuffed, quick pickled, grilled and fried! We love this tasty, full-of-flavor zucchini fritters recipe from Living the Gourmet; perfect as an appetizer, a side or even a main dish. Top with a dollop of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt doctored up with fresh herbs.
4 zucchini – shredded
¾ tsp. salt
½ tsp. cumin
½ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
½ tsp. baking powder
½ cup flour
½ cup cornmeal
½ cup milk
1 small onion – chopped
¼ cup chopped - Fresh Italian parsley
3 tablespoons of olive oil
Shred the zucchini into a bowl and add the chopped onion.
In a separate bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and seasonings.
In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and parsley add to the zucchini and mixture and then add the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
Let this mixture sit for about 5 minutes.
Heat a large cast iron frying pan with a tablespoon or two of olive oil. (You may need and extra tablespoon during the sautéing process.)
Spoon the batter into the frying pan. Do not overcrowd the pan. When cooked on one side flip and finish cooking to a nice golden color. This will take about 2 -3 minutes on each side. Do not make the heat too hot or you will burn them.
Serve with a little sour cream.
- Meatless Monday: Pasta Salad with Zucchini and Summer Squash
- Meatless Monday: Eggs with Feta, Peppers, and Zucchini
- Zucchini Dill Fritters and Other Vegetable Fritters for Meatless Monday
- Meatless Monday: Best Zucchini Gratin
- Meatless Monday: Zucchini Chips
- Meatless Monday: 3 Simply Sophisticated Soups
- Meatless Monday: 3 Gluten Free Super Sweet Potato Recipes
- Meatless Monday: Vegan Butternut Squash and Lentil Pot Pie
- Meatless Monday: Greek Lentil Soup
- Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Curry For All Seasons
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe
- Italian Zucchini Bake
- Zucchini Pulp Cooked In Olive Oil
- Fried zucchini with mayo-dill sauce and tomato
- Potato, zucchini, red bell pepper, with bacon and herbs baked in a pot.
- Meatless Monday Black Bean Soup
- Meatless Monday :: Squash & Sweet Potato Fritatta
- Pumpkin Carrot Soup