Can't decide between macaroni salad or coleslaw? This perfect picnic recipe combines both! This aromatic salad is a little sweet and a little sour - the perfect balance of two American favorites. Try this tasty salad from Living the Gourmet for your next outdoor party.
Macaroni Coleslaw Salad
Submitted to Foodista by Living the Gourmet
½ cup dried cranberries – chopped
½ cup walnuts – chopped
3 cloves garlic – chopped
Healthy handful of Italian parsley – chopped
3 stalks celery – chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
¼ of head of cabbage – chopped
1 lb. of your favorite macaroni
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp. honey
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
Cook the macaroni as directed and drain.
Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing.
Combine all of the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl. Add the macaroni and the dressing and toss.
- 5 Must-Try End of Summer Burgers to Make Before Its Too Late
- 5 Must-Try Corn Recipes for the Summer
- Must-Try Waldorf Salad
- 5 Must-Try Summer Chicken Recipes
- Must-Try Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Kebabs
- Must-Try Peanut Butter Brownie Pie
- 4 Must-Try Summer Dry Rubs for Baking and Grilling
- Must-Try Apple and Flax Seed Muffins
- Must-Try Homemade Twinkies
- Must-Try Venison With Morel Mushroom Sauce