Don't have time to make ribs for the crowd coming over? Simply pack your slow cooker with ribs and sauce and let 'em cook all day! The result is fall off the bone, finger lickin' good meat! Best of all, this barbecue ribs recipe only takes about 10 minutes to prep and you won't break a sweat standing over a hot grill. That's what we call easy entertaining!
Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
Submitted to Foodista by Part Time Housewife
2 Large Slabs of Pork Ribs
¼ Cup Broth (Beef or Chicken-either works fine, you could even use water)
40 oz. Bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce *I didn’t need that much but it’s what I had and didn’t measure but it leaves extra for dipping.
Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste
Portion 2 slabs to allow them to fit in the slow-cooker easily.
Season each piece with salt, pepper and onion salt.
Cover bottom of Slow-cooker with BBQ sauce.
Add broth. (I only do this so the BBQ sauce doesn’t burn up and this step could possibly be skipped)
Place sectioned/portioned ribs into slow-cooker, brushing them with BBQ sauce as you set them in.
Layer them in so they all fit.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until they fall off the bone.
Remove from slow-cooker and transfer them to a foil lined baking sheet.
Brush each portion with BBQ sauce.
Broil for 5 minutes or until the sauce starts to bubble and caramelize.
Remove from broiler let cool slightly.
- Celiac Saturdays: 5 Rockin' Rib Recipes
- Finger Lickin' Good Slow Cooker Ribs
- How-To Recipe: Crock-pot Pulled Pork
- Best Ever Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Sweet and Savory Root Beer Pulled Pork
- Delectable Pulled Pork Sandwiches that You Need to Cook
- Super Bowl Bites: Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings
- Chicken Corn Chowder in the Slow Cooker
- Return of the McRib and DIY McRib Recipe
- Best Gluten Free Chili Recipes
- Slow Cooker Dim Sum Pulled Pork & Sweet Sesame Snap Peas
- 5 Minute Ribs
- Slow Cook Barbecued Ribs
- Barbecued Baby Back Pork Ribs and Bush's Grillin' Beans
- Slow Cooker 15 Bean and Ham Hock Soup
- Sweet and Spicy Orange Glazed Barbecued Pork Ribs
- Hearty and Healthy; Steak, Mushroom and Rice Stew
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- Pomtastic Slow Cooker Ribs
- 4 Hour Beef Back Ribs